I was excited to find out that Carnival is now preforming beach weddings in Jamaica! When we first booked the cruise (HERE) I was told Carnival only preforms garden weddings in Jamaica (HERE)! We did NOT want a garden wedding we wanted a beach wedding! We were totally bummed out! Then I started working with some local wedding planners (HERE)! That was making me feel real uneasy about the whole process! I didn't feel our money would be secure! It didn't seem legit to me? I wasn't getting a good vibe what-so-ever! When I called our Carnival Rep the other day to discuss our cruise and all the other small details I brought up the whole "BEACH/GARDEN" wedding! She sent me a new wedding packet! Carnival added in a beach wedding about two months ago! I was so excited! It was so meant to be! Now if something goes wrong I will have Carnival to go back to! If something went wrong with our local wedding planner I would have no one to go back to! That is why I was feeling so uneasy! Wouldn't that make you nervous!
This is a picture of the beach that the Carnival Wedding Sales Agent sent me!
I'm loving it!!! What do you think???
Okay now on to another delima I feel we are facing. Our family is sad that we aren't getting married here so they can be at our ceremony. I can understand their feelings! I wished I could pack them all up on the cruise with us but I can't! They do not want to go on the cruise - it's 7 days - it's to long for some of our family to be away from home/work/kids/pets! What do we do? Do you think I could have a small ceremony for our family? Would that be weird to have two ceremonies? I want our family and friends to share in our ceremony - I really do! We are going to host a reception at the lake after the wedding (the end of March or first of April). What are your thoughts? Should we also have a small ceremony before the start of the reception?
Check out all this UK wonderfulness!!!!! I've already ate all the Maltesers and they were totally YUMMY!!! They remind me of Whoppers but way better! I think it's the chocolate that makes the Maltesers!!! I haven't tried the Crunchie or the Christmas Pudding yet. I didn't want to go into a sugar shock last night! HA! I could soooooooooo see me doing that to myself!!! Plus I'm thinking I might save my Christmas Pudding for Christmas morning to share with my sweet Mr. "S" (if he is lucky)!!!
I'm not kidding yall! These are the BEST chips I've ever tasted! I love them! I'm hooked! They remind me of Lay's Chips but better! They are so crunchy and not as thin as our Lay's! They are soooooooooooooooooo delicious!!! I've never heard of Prawn cocktail flavor crisps? What is this? Whatever it is it's to die for yummy ( I would take these over my Salt and Vinegar any day)! I even shared with my dad and Mr. "S"!
See I shared even though I didn't want to! They were YUMMY!
The picture of the chip bag (back label) didn't turn out as good as I had hoped (so much for that flower logo on my camera settings)! Can you see where it says Muddy Good Potatoes! HA! I love that! I also love the way they call chips "crisp"! So cool, So cool! I must add that Marmmite and Tea made my day yesterday! Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooo very much!!!! I will be sending you a Texas/Ohio package really soon!!!























17 comments:
You are official! Yea! The beach wedding is going to be breathless, I'm thinking so!
If your family really wants to be a part of the ceremony and such, you should just have a simple reception/ceremony so they can attend. I know a bunch of people who have done something like that and it worked out great for everyone!
Love the goodies....
Gorgeous! I am so excited for you :) I wish I could go! It's going to be beautiful and amazing. Sometimes doing things backwards just works out best. So happy for you... it's coming up so soon :)
Yay for you!!! The beach wedding is going to be so awesome! It looks beautiful- very breathtaking! As far as a ceremony for family, I would just have a small one before the reception you are planning to have. It doesn't have tobe anything big, just something so they can feel they are a part of it all!
Such a cute packge from the UK!! Russ would think that was so cool! He misses his treats from over there. The Prawn Cocktail chips are like Shrimp Cocktail flavor. He always claims that the choclate over there is better and it's one of the few things he misses. He says Hershey's isn't real chocolate and Kraft isn't cheese. :)
How cool!! I love that beach wedding picture!! And the English package - I've always wanted to go to England - I've never even heard of any of those goodies you got!
p.s. HP and I had a small garden wedding in May 2001 - only his parents, my mom and my sister and her family. Then we had the big church wedding in November 2001 after he got confirmed and we could get married "in the church" - ALL the friends and relatives came to that one.
So two ceremonies is FINE!!
I'm back!! It looks like you all have been having fun- it was good to catch up on your blog. =)
J- My advice? Beach wedding! It's your dream. I always wanted that and I succombed to a "home wedding". Big regret.
Yes, you can have two ceremonies. And/Or have a reception when you get home. Wear your wedding dress, have someone announce you as you both enter, as if you just came from the wedding. But most important-be you. Do what you and Mr S want to do. This is your life and your beginning.
Finally...dont you need a photographer for the wedding? Just take me with you and I will supply all the pics! That looks beautiful! I am so jealous!
It's going to be gorgeous!
I am so glad the whole beach thing worked out!!!! That is great news!!! YAY for you!!!! I am so happy for you!!!
And I think the reception would be enough-- but if your family really wants to see it, you could do a small ceremony. It isn't too expensive to hire a minister. Do what you and Mr. S feel comfortable with... that is what is important!
And I LOVE your package!!! Nice goodies in there!!!
I totally think it would be fine to do two. My daughter is very pregnant and she will be getting married Dec 23rd before a judge, but they are planning on having a wedding in the summer with all the family and the dress etc. . .
J! We are married, we just never had a ceremony..we went to the court house and had a family pastor "marry" us. We were hoping to have a ceremony in the future, but that's okay. We are planning on going on a cruise for our "honeymoon" can't wait to see your ringgg!! Your wedding is going to be GORGEOUS!!! You better take lots of pictures!!
Oh, wow! You are going to have so much fun, and how romantic! That seems so you - a beach wedding. I can't wait to hear all the details and see all the pix.
As for your family, a nice reception is a good idea. Not necessarily fancy, but a celebration. That will be fun! A second ceremony is totally up to you and your style.
What a fun package from the UK. My in-laws are from England.
The place is GOREGOUS!!!!
How awesome for both of you! It will be such an amaing experience.
I don't think it would be weird at all to have a small cermony before the reception. Best of both worlds!!
The beach is going to be SO beautiful and as i said in my email do whatever is right for your guys!
Glad you liked the package, you are more than welcome! I am now craving Prawn cocktail crisps!
I must see photographic evidence of the Xmas pud burning!
Sounds Grand!!!! You will have a great time getting married on the beach.
The beach wedding looks AMAZING!! Wow... I'm at a loss for words at how lovely it is!
YAY!
Today is Georgie's birthday please go wish her a happy one!
http://georgienba.blogspot.com/2008/12/guest-post.html
The beach will be soooo beautiful!! That's wonderful! I think that if you are having a reception, I don't think having another ceremony is necessary. You can get all dressed up again, and play hostess, show pictures, or even a video of the ceremony, but I don't think you should feel obligated to have another full ceremony!
thanks for visiting my blog! if you would like any further info on my mixed media pics...please email me at ugogrl52@windstream.net......put mixed media on the subject line so i don't delete you!!! fyi...i also collaborate with ideas from those who purchase the pictures , as well......btw.......looks like a great trip!!
(i also have prints left of three of the mixed media prints, if you are interested...that is what Hollie got!)
thanks again,
sandi
Post a Comment