I'm not good at holding things in...I can't keep a secret...I'm shocked I lasted this long!
So here it is...
I'm going to spill the beans...
Yall are cracking me up with all the exciting comments...lol...yall are the best!
Don't forget it is a secret! Shhhhhhhhhhh...
Yall will be happy to know that Mr. "S" and I have set a date!!!!! It's something that we've been talking about for a while now!!!!
We are getting married Mach 4, 2009! Save the date yall!!!
I couldn't wait share the details and allllllllllllllll of our excitement!!!
So now that you know the wedding date you must know our itinerary (It's GREAT):
We are going on a 7 Day Western Caribbean Cruise!!!
We will spend seven days cruising to the most beautiful ports in the Western Caribbean with our friends and family. Wooooooooo-Whooooooo!!!
- 1st day we will leave port
- 2nd day is a fun day at sea
- 3rd day is a fun day at sea
- 4th day we will be in Montego Bay, Jamaica where we will get married on the beach!
- 5th day we will be in Grand Cayman, Cayman Island
- 6th day we will be in Cozumel, Mexico
- 7th day is a fun day at sea
We are kind of doing things backwards!!! The cruise is booked!!!
Mr. "S" still wants to ask my dad for permission...just in case dad says "NO" which I know he won't our deposit on our cruise is refundable!!! lol =)
We need to go pick out rings! Yeah, I don't have a ring yet! Well, I do have a ring but it's not an engagement ring. It was a promise ring that Mr. "S" bought me for Christmas! You can see it here! It was so funny because I blogged about my Christmas gifts and EVERYONE asked if it was an engagement ring! Any ways about the rings...I'm thinking we might wait till we are in the house and done with all the house repair expenses! A ring is a ring is a "RING"! lol I don't want us to get in debt over our house payment, house repairs, new gas saving car (coming Oct/Nov 2008), our current rent (till the end of Sept), our cruise (we are paying it out till December 15ht) and a "RING"! I don't want us to start our life together "IN DEBT"!!! As much as a want a fancy, beautiful ring I also want to be realistic! We have a lot on our plate right now!!! So when the "RING" gets here I will for sure share it will you all!!!!
I'm guessing I'm not going to get an "ACTUAL" proposal!!! Heck, we already bought a house together what more do I need to say this is for the L-O-N-G haul?!?!
So don't forget this is a secret! =) Dad still doesn't know!!! I'm hoping and praying that dad will go on the cruise with us!!! This is sooooooooo not like something he would do!!!
Thank you all for caring so much and Thank you all for sharing in our excitement!!
(((HUGS)))
PS - So who wants to go cruising with us?!?!?!
PSS - I would like to hear about your rings, your proposals, your weddings, your honeymoons!!
PSSS - Yall are STILL not guessing on the tree question! Come on people yall??? I think yall were consumed with the sunset pictures and the "NEWS" lol =) The question I'm asking is on this post!
PSSSS - I would like to let everyone know that my Virtual Maid of Honor is my one and only Giants Fan!!! Who wouldn't have guessed that?!?!?!




















50 comments:
I knew it!!! CONGRATULATIONS to both of you!!!! I am so excited!
My proposal and wedding were not at all glamorous. Chris knocked me up, so we decided to get married. He did pick my ring out on his own and then when it was ready, did get down on one knee. But, uh, I was sitting on the couch watching tv. We got married by a Justice of the Peace, no actual ceremony, but maybe one day.
EEEEEEK!!!!!! You're getting married!!!! YAAAAY!!
I am soooo happy for you both. I presonally speaking, I could care less about diamonds and rings. I would much rather have a home that a ring arund my finger. In fact my husband HATEs jewelry (watches. rings, chains, etc.)so I dont make him wear it. And he bought me a ring and I wear a Cz rather that the one he gave me. He would care less. LOVE is represented by actions, the way you treat one another, the plans you make. Not by a ring. And I knwo when that day comes it will be grand.
OK, I would SOOOOOOOOOO love to go on a cruise. I am so envious of that! I would hawk a diamond ring to go on a cruise too. LOL!
To each his own, do things your way! All you need is love.
Congratulations!!!!!!Love ya girl!
Love you Rachel!!! Thanks!!!! =)
I'm so excited!!! I feel like a little kid in a candy store!!!
I'm thinking all my blog friends should join in and be my Virtual Bridesmaid...lol =) Maybe yall can help me pick out my dress?
Wooooooooooooooooo-Whoooooooooooooooooo
I'm soooooooooooooooo darn excited!!!!!
WAHOOO!! Congratulations!!!!! Cartwheels, backflips & FIREWORKS!
So sorry I've been absent lately...too boring to explain but I'm so glad to be "nearby" so I can celebrate your news with you.
Your plans sound WONDERFUL and I know you're going to look like a PRINCESS--YOU'RE ALREADY radiant now :) (Love all your pics below this post).
Thanks for sharing...my lips are SEALED! :) :) :)
Thank so much Leigh! I love you too!!! You have been truly WONDERFUL to me!!!
Go hawk that ring and jump on the boat with us!!! Friends and Family is invited! You can Big Daddy need to get away! Could you imagine the FUN we would have?!?!? OH MY GOSH!!! CRAZY!!!
After the wedding we are planning on going to Margaretville and parting as a group!!!! Click on the link to see more info:
http://www.margaritavillecaribbean.com/locations_montego_bay.html
I hope we make it back on the boat before it leaves port...lol =)
Woooooooooooooooo-Whooooooooooooooo!
I was just talking about the "RING" thing...
I said I would rather have my "MAN" by my side than have a HUGE diamond ring on my finger showing that off instead of him!!!! =)
Thanks Robin!!!
I've been missing you!!! =(
HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!! OH, HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to throw you a virtual bridal shower, so that everyone can feel like they are participating!!!! (I will do it closer to the date!)
I am so happy for my girl!!!!!!!
oh, our date was "accidentally" set. did I tell you about that? We were talking to Panya's mom about dates and asked when her anniversary was. I was saying that we thought it would be nice to choose a date like that because it would have special meaning. So, she told someone that was when we were getting married. We left from her house and went to mom and dad's and I told my mom the story. As soon as my dad got home she ran to him and said "they set a date!!" We were like, "is everyone smoking crack???" and then we just said whatever to the whole thing and went with that date.
In our true cheap fashion, P wanted to wait unti the jewelry show to get my ring because it would be cheaper. I think I got it about 2months before we got married or something.
I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Frannie-bow-bannie....
I love you so very much and I'm so thankful to have you in my life!!!
You know you are Virtual "Maid of Honor" I know if you could be there on the ship with us you would!!! =) I love you and your family so much!!!
Papa cracks me up with the ring shopping! He ROCKS!!!!
I love the date story!! HA I never knew that!!! I'm hoping Mr. "S" will tell dad this week or this weekend! I can't wait to see my dads face! I really do PRAY that he goes with us!!! He would have sooooooooooooooooooo much FUN!!!!
I love you so much and thank you for being here for me through the ups and downs of my life!!!!
YEAH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I am so excited for you and a virtual Bridal Shower how cool is that, I'm hoping for an invite :)
The cruise sound such a wonderful way to get married. As I think I've told you we got married in Mexico in Tom's bosses garden. So he set the date for us - LOL! It was ALL in Spanish so I am bit hazy on what I actually said Si too! But lots of friends and families flew out. I might do a post about it actually as it is coming up to one year.
So excited for you. Your life sounds pretty near perfect right now :)
CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!
AHHHHHHHHHHHH I am so excited. CONGRATS to both......
J took me for a walk one night and we walked to his old high school, we lived 5 blocks away. Then he convented me that his football field was better than my school so we took our shoes off and walked bare foot. When we got to the middle he got on one knee... The rest is history.
I want to come to this vacation. WE have never been. AHHH I am so excited this made my day.
I had a feeling......
Congratulations to you and 'S'. What great news. And you guys will have SO MUCH FUN on your cruise. We honeymoon'ed on a cruise (and actually visited a few of the ports of call that you will be visiting!)
And a for a wedding blooper story -when it was Keven's turn to say his vows he totally froze up and stood silent. The pastor that married us had to repeat himself several times and still - nothing out of Keven's mouth. When Keven finally realized that he zoned out he started LAUGHING up a storm. His laughter in turn made me crack up and before we knew it the WHOLE CHURCH was laughing too. It really was funny and totally broke the ice. Everything from that moment on was perfect and such a party!
Yay! You are getting married!!!
whoo-hoo!!!!!!!
I'm the maid of honor!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...Marmite and Tea (Alex)!!!! =) I'm soooooooo excited!!! I wished I had a penny for every time I said excited...our cruise would already be paid for...HA!!!
Girl, please...you know you will have an invite waiting for you...the virtual bridal shower sounds like a TOTAL blast!!! Frannie is good...huh?
You and T need to come go with us on the cruise....wouldn't that be a blast?!?!?
I can't wait to hear about your wedding post! I remember seeing a pic from your wedding on your old DC Day's blog!!!
Thank you for all the kind words!!! Love ya sister!!!
Frannie - just because you are giving my this shower doesn't get you out of wearing a brides maid dress...when you and I go dress shopping I'm going to make you dress up in brides maid dresses and take pics...lol =) I love it!!! Two girls playing dress up!!! HA
CONGRATS GIRL. I am sooooooo happy for you guys. Let me know if you need me to do anything for you. I cant believe you are getting married YAHHHHHHHHH you go girl.
I will try to be there. I would love that kind of vacation. I have always wanted to go to Jamacia.
Well Juan proposed to me on valentines day. We went to breakfast and he was so nervous he couldnt eat. I knew something was up, but not sure what it was. It was so cold that day and I wasnt feeling all that well. He took me to the place where we had our first date. It was very romantic. I was shivering from being so cold and he was trying to be mister romantic and talk about the first time we met I think he was just trying to get up the courage to ask. Then he got down on one knee and proposed. It was so sweet. We got married in Vegas. That was really exciting but wish I wouldnt have been pregnant so I could have really had a great time.
SJ - I love your story! HA!
Thank you sooooooooooooo much for your excitement!
You might have to give me some cruise pointers!!! =) We've never been!!! Woooooooo-Whoooooooo!!! I'm so excited!!!!
Nicole - Thank you sooooooooooooo very much!!!! You know you are close enough to jump ship with us!!!! HE HE HE
What a sweet Mr. "J"!!! I love your story!!!
Yummy Tummy Treats (Cas)
You know I didn't even know that story about you and Juan?!?!?! That is soooooooooooooooo SWEET! He is such a big ole teddy bear!!!
I'm so freaking excited! I can't wait!!! Wooooooo-Whoooooooooooo!!!
I really think you and Juan should try and go with us! It's not a bad price at all! I will send you the info via email!!! =)
Congratulations:) That is FABULOUS news!!! It's going to be so fun hearing about all the big wedding plans!! YAY!!!!! I think that you are my first blogging friend in 2 years that is getting married. FUN!!!
Cruises in the Caribbean are AWESOME (3 times I have been)!! Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.
Congrats dear. That is wonderful news. I wish you guys the best.
Yeah!!!! I knew that was what your news was! I am so excited for you. Tell Mr. S I said congrats too!
Your wedding is going to be so pretty! I can't wait to see everything as you pick it out...dress, ring, ect! I am such a big girl about that sort of stuff!
We had a simple wedding with just the pastor because it was too hard to get our families together. That ment Blake could spend more money on a ring. He got me a beautiful 1 carat colorless diamond. It is princess cut set in white gold. I am very proud of it because he did so much research and really took the time to find a great ring. He wanted me to have something to pass down. The propsal was over pizza rolls and brownies. Nothing romantaic at all. Well other than the words that came from his mouth. I cried so much.
Okay enough about me. I am jumping up and down for you!!!! I have been waiting to hear the news! 10 months and counting now!!!
Congratulations! And Jamaica...lucky you! And him of course!
I don't have a wedding story. Well, not one with the fella anyway. He told me he wants to get married on a beach in Ireland though, but I think he was just having me on! I don't think we will ever get married.
Wendy - I'm soooooooooooooooooo HAPPY to be your 1st blogy friend that is getting married!!! It's going to be a FUN celebration...Frannie has a lot of cool ideas up her sleeve!!! So yall keep an eye out on my blog and on Frannie's! You never know when a contest is going to pop up!!! =)
BS - You and I will have to chit chat! Sounds like you might have some GREAT tips for us and cool things to do when we hit port!!!!
Thank you soooooooooooo very much for your comment!!!
anglophile football fanatic - Thanks so much for the SWEET comment!!!! =) We are so excited!!!!
Erin - I knew you would flip out and jump up and down!!! HE HE HE
I would love to see your ring...now you need to post about it in honor of my question!!! I think Blake is soooooooooooooooooo SWEET! I love the way he ask you....over pizza rolls and brownies 2 of my favorites!!! HA
Keep an eye out on my blog and Frannie's! We will be doing different contest so you all can help me with my planning!!!
Emma in Canada -
Thank you for your comment!!! I wanted to post a comment for each and everyone that posted a comment for me! You all are soooooooooooo sweet!!!
Maybe one day on your wedding...huh? lol Hey it sounds GREAT...a beach in Ireland...I better get an invite!!! =)
CONGRATULATIONS J! What exciting news and such a fun time for you!
We went on a cruise for our honeymoon and it was awesome! You are going to have an amazing wedding!
Julie - Thanks for your comment! Wooooooooooooooo-Whooooooo...I'm so excited!!!!
Do you have any cruise tips for us?!?!?!
Or if anyone is reading this comment and might have tips for us please let me know!!! =)
I'm glad I DIDN'T SPILL THE BEANS EITHER LADY!! That was a tough one. March 4, my birthday, you couldn't have picked a better date. Too bad I can't go with you!!!! We're doing our first cruise October 2009 so you'll have to give tips to US!
CONGRATS!!
Wheeee! Congrats!! Best of luck to you, and happy planning!
My DH had a great plan for proposing, but it backfired. Well, I decided I wouldn't go away for the weekend at the last minute, so he had to change his plan. Instead of proposing in front of a lighthouse, overlooking the N. Atlantic, he lured me into the kitchen, told me there were some bugs in the cutlery drawer that I should see, and SURPRISE! There were my rings. Not the proposal every girl dreams of, but eh, worked for us :)
Congrats again!
Thank you CPA Mom! Your the BEST! You know you are going to be in this Virtual wedding party!!! HA!!! This cracks me up but I think with all of us we might just pull it off!!!! =)
I'm so excited!!!
I will for sure give you tips!!! I know I have 9 months to go but I'm already taking notes!!! HE HE HE
Chelle - Thank you for your comment! I tried clicking on your name to go to your blog but it wouldn't let me?!?!?!?!
If anyone reading this comment knows Chelle please let me know!!! =)
Thanks!
That is so cool! I've loved your little about column for awhile now... so many people wonder about people they knew in school and for you it happened! I love it! :) Best of luck with the planning!!!
Oh my gosh girl....CONGRATS!!! I knew that was what the "news" was! I am soooo excited for you guys. My anniversary is March 19th, March is a good month for anniversaries!!
Can't wait to hear all about that cruise....I wanna go!!
Awww!!!! So exciting!!!! A big happy congratulations!!
Wow...Very big Congratulations!I am happy to you!
I've just come over from Frannie's to say congratulations and read all about your wonderful plans. The cruise sounds absolutely fantastic.
Woohoo! Congratulations! How exciting! Does your dad know yet??
Last Thursday, J told me he was taking me to dinner, but wouldn't tell me where. We pulled into a parking lot and he told me he wanted to show me something. After a short little hike, we rounded a corner and there was a waterfall. We both love waterfalls, so I didn't think there was anything more to it, than just seeing it.
He pointed something out on the falls to me, and after I looked, I turned back to him to say something and he was down on one knee, holding the ring, and asked me to marry him.
He asked my dad for permission before he asked me. That made me cry, I know it earned him some points in my dad's eyes!! We have some good guys!! :)
I love the idea of a destination wedding, it's something we've actually talked about. It'd just be expensive for all the people we (I) want to be there. We'll see, we haven't even set a date yet!
Good luck to you guys!!
Blue Tissue Box - I tried going to your blog but couldn't?!?!?! Maybe you can let me in or something...lol?!?!?!
Thank you so much for your sweet comment!!! =)
We are BOTH soooooooooooooooooo excited about the cruise and beach wedding! It's something we both wanted!
That is soooooooooooooooo SWEET of J!!! I love your story! Keep me posted on a date! We might have two bashes in blog world!!! =) HA!
Deborah - I emailed you a book! I love it when I can reply to the comment!!! So you got a book out of me!!!!
Mandy - Thank you for the comment! =) We are soooooooooooo excited!!! I can't wait to post more about it each day! Yall have 9 months of this!!! Run now if you must!!! HA
Jessica - Thank you for the comment!! I'm happy to see you back in blog land! I've really missed you!!!
Steffi - Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much!!!! =) Sit back and watch me go through the WHOLE wedding process!!!
Chrisb - Thanks for stopping by! I think you and I have a lot of the same blog friends...I always see your cute pic on the blogs I comment!!!! =) Thank you again! I hope to see more of you!!!!
Yall have been soooooooooooooooooooooo kind!!!!
I want to hug each and everyone of you!!! Thank you!!!!
Congratulations J! I am so excited for you! D and I honeymooned on a cruise also and it was so much fun. I just love wedding talk, so I know your blog is going to be extra EXTRA exciting to read until March. :) Send me your address and t-shirt size, and I might send you a "surprise" engagement gift. ;)
Love,
Laurie
Well, since I've just recently "met" you and have only read a few postings, I hadn't a clue what the big secret was....but I was hoping it was one of the big two - Wedding or Baby. I wasn't sure if you were already married LOL
So, now I know - :^) How fun!
I had the best wedding ever. LOL It was outdoors in Michigan with a tent for the reception - the wedding on the other side of the yard. We had a slight chinese theme, just enough so I could have some fun with it - Reds and Corals for the bridesmaid dresses. (I had my sisters just buy a red or coral dress at the Mall, and they didn't have to match) The tables had a red or yellow table cloth. The centerpiece was a vase with some dried bamboo stalks with a chinese lantern tied to it (one of the paper kinds - 10 for a $5), and handmade peonies made out of crepe paper (I made them, don't do this.. LOL) and the gift for each attendee was a little cello gift bag with two fortune cookies. I bought a box of 1000 cookies at a place like Sam's club for $11.
I had a caterer do most of the food, but to get my Dad involved in a way that he was comfortable, we had him (and his friends) deepfrying a few turkeys and grilling porkchops.
Men like Pie I've found - so instead of a wedding cake we had 20 pies in assorted flavors. We had exactly one pie left at the end of the reception and that ended up being finished off at the after party.
I wore a white dress but no heels - I had platform white tennis shoes that I embellished with sequins and lace. It was perfect.
I didn't realize there'd be an after party, but people started coming to our house after the reception, so we played with sparklers and ate Rice Salad, Pie and anythign that was leftover and went for rides on the pontoon boat.
That was 7 years ago and people still tell me that it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to - it was just fun. From the fortune cookies to the tennis shoes, it was just fun.
So that's my "short" story. LOL
Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!! and congratulations.
Kristin
Yeah!!!!!!!! You so deserve this and to live happily ever after!! I am sooooooo jealous that you are going on a cruise- I have been wanting to go on a cruise since before I got married (almost 7 years ago.) My parents tried to give us a cruise for our wedding gift, but you had to be 21 or accompanied by a 21 year old. We were only 18 and 19, so we went to Disney World. It was a blast, though! I'm just waiting for the day I can go on a CRUISE!! I am so HAPPY for you!!!
Congratulations!!!! That's wonderful!
kelly is the winner!!!
Congratulations! I am SO very jealous of your cruise- it sounds fantastic!
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Send your email address to bluetissuebox@gmail.com and I'll add you to the blog.
I didn't mention in my last comment that J and I reunited after parting ways in 1995 (a year after high school). Don't you feel like you and Mr "S" wasted time? Ugh, that's how I feel. However, I guess J and I needed that time apart to really understand who we were, and what we wanted out of life. (Although I would have married him 14 years ago! :P)
Email me.
Post a Comment