Mr. "S" and I made it through day one for Detox! Wow, it's a lot harder than I thought it would be! We are also doing THIS complete body cleanse which I'm sure is a double whammy!!!! Oh and to top it off I'm doing weight watchers!!!! Can yall tell I really want to drop some pounds before our wedding and cruise!!! All of nothing go BIG or go HOME!!! I might regret this after the 7 day cleanse and 9 day detox but I'm hoping I will drop at least 8 pounds!!! Last week when I weighed in at Weight Watchers I lost 1.8 pounds!!! I have my next weight in tomorrow!!! I will update my weight in the morning!!!
I would just like to thank Jennifer for helping me with the 9 Day Detox program!!! She has been like my own personal diet consultant!!! She has emailed me the program, tips and recipes!!! Thank you Jennifer!!!
As I was saying, Mr. "S" and I made it through day one of Detox!!! It was ROUGH but we did it!!! I think we were BOTH about to have a melt down in Wal-Mart last night smelling all the yummy fried food in the deli - note to self: eat before going grocery shopping !!! I think the hardest part for Mr. "S" is no coffee!!!
Mr. "S" Menu
DETOX DAY 1
Breakfast:
Plain Oatmeal with FF Milk, Cinnamon and Splenda
Lunch:
Brown Rice and Steamed Mixed Veggies
Fat Free Yogurt
Snack:
Banana & Detox Oatmeal Cookies
Dinner:
Egg Beaters with mushroom, onion, tomatoes and soy cheese topped off with salsa
Snack:
Yogurt & FF Milk
My Menu
DETOX DAY 1
Breakfast:
Apple and 1/2 Grapefruit
Lunch:
Brown Rice and Steamed Mixed Veggies
Snack:
Baby Carrots
Snack:
Orange
Dinner:
Egg Beaters with mushroom, onion, tomatoes and soy cheese topped off with salsa
Snack:
Yogurt
Yall this is NOT easy! I was craving crackers sooooooooooooooo BAD - which is so weird - I don't even eat crackers very often!!!! Mr. "S" said he was craving a cheeseburger!!!!
The cleansing program went very well!!! It doesn't seem to be a very harsh program!!! It's nice to say that we DID NOT spend the day in the bathroom!!!
Now on to my work!!!
We were given some bad news yesterday!!! I knew it was coming!!! It's totally obvious!!! We are sooooooooooooo slow in the office!!! They cut us back from 5 days a week (40 hours) to 4 days a week (32 hours)!!! This came at a horrible time for me!!! We have so much stuff to pay for before the cruise, wedding and reception!!! My boss was very apologetic and said if we pick back up then we would go back to our 40 hours!!! The positive out of this - I still have a job and I still have all my insurance benefits!!! Also, my co-workers/friends still have their job!!! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!!! I've worked here for almost 12 years - my co-workers are like family to me!!!
January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















14 comments:
Keep up the good work girl!!
You seem on the right track for loosing weight! I have gained 35 pounds! Good thing it is all baby!
I am so sorry to hear about the job. But so glad you still have one! And not loosing benefits!
Congrats on surviving the first day of detox! It only gets easier and when the 9 days are over you will realize how worth the sacrafice was. Good luck on the road ahead!!!
I'm sorry to hear about the bad news at work, but VERY HAPPY to see you made it through your first day of detox with flying colors!!
Your meals (both you and Mr.S) are spot on perfect!! You ate exactly right and I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good work. The cravings are terrible but try and remember - once you get to eat those foods you crave you are going to appreciate and respect them a lot more than you did before detox. It makes you greatful to have a slice of bread instead of feeling like you NEED 5 slices.
If you feel like you need some support and/or encouragment you just drop me a line. Remember, it might seem like a long time right now, but it's only 9 days and I BELIEVE IN YOU! I KNOW you can do this!!!!!
I'm so proud of you!
you know from my emails how sorry I am about the job!!
But I am proud of you with the detox stuff!!
wow you ROCK!!!! there is no way I could do this...i admire you!
My belly started rumbling just reading your menu..but I'm all for cleansing the system - and if it makes you lose weight all the better.
Sorry to hear about work - hubby came in tonight saying his company have a pay freeze this year and 900 workers across the company will be made redundant. I guess these days you have to be thankful you have a job.
Oh wow that is not much food I hope you make it through though and reach your goal, although I think you look quite fabulous as you are :)
Sorry about the job, I hope you'll be back to five days soon, but at least they weren't lay offs I guess that is good.
Thinking of you
x
Yes, you have a job and benefits. Thank goodness! Glad you are able to see the positive in it although I know you've got some expenses coming up. I know it's going to work out.
I'm very curious about the cleansing stuff. Glad to see it looks like GNC stuff. I bought some off the Internet, and not only could I not tolerate it with bad stomach pains, they didn't honor their refund. Anyway, I want to find out what side effects you've had, if any, and how you feel it's working. Could ya email me when you get a chance?
Mom is home now, and I am trying to catch up with everyone. I've been in Humble A LOT the past two weeks! At the hospital, that is.
Good for you for sticking to the diet!
And as far as the job, I hate that for you....but I do have to say, what a great employer to cut back pffice days rather than layoffs. They must be great folks! I hope that is all for the cutbacks.
You're in my prayers!
I am so sorry to hear about the reduction of hours. I hope you get them back soon.
That detox sounds crazy. Let me know how it goes and how much ya'll lose. I'll be thinking of you.
Sorry to hear about your hours but you're right...at least you still have a job and insurance. My husband was laid off before Christmas and is still looking for a job. February's mortgage payment is looking kind of scary right now!
I hope they take your hours back up..the economy is so bad right now. It will get better--probably not in 2009 though! :( Make sure you're drinking as much water as you can possibly stand to--that will will help your detox to work!!
Great job on the detox! So sorry to hear about your job, I'll be thinking about you...
Post a Comment